Feng Hua Yang
Dr. Glen Pyle
Ph.D Expected July 2011. Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada.
M.Sc 2005. Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada.
Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine. 1993. College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, China.
1. Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2004 (declined), 2005, 2006, and 2008.
2. NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS M), 2004.
3. Novartis Graduate Scholarship in Cardiology, 2004.
4. OVC'49 and Dr. Ray Cormack Graduate Entrance Scholarship, 2004.
5. University Entrance Scholarship, 2003 & 2006.
1. How a cardiac CapZ deficiency affects the tolerance of mouse hearts to ischemia-reperfusion injury.
2. Myofilament contractile function controlled by PKC and protein phosphatases.
Cardiac CapZ as a therapeutic target in heart failure
International Society for Heart Research North American Section Meeting, 2006 & 2008.
Biophysical Society Annual Meeting, 2005.
1. Yang FH and Pyle WG. (2011). Cardiac actin capping protein reduction and protein kinase C inhibition maintain myofilament function during cardioplegic arrest. Cell Physiol Biochem, 27:263-272.
2. Shaw EE, Wood P, Kulpa J, Yang FH, Summerlee AJ, Pyle WG. (2009). Relaxin alters cardiac myofilament function through a PKC-dependent pathway. J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 297(1):H29-36.
3. Yang F, Aiello DL, Pyle WG. (2008). Cardiac myofilament regulation by protein phosphatase type 1alpha and CapZ. Biochem Cell Biol. 86(1):70-8.
2003- Present, Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
1993- 2001, Investigator & Veterinarian, Guangdong Laboratory Animal Institute & Guangdong Endangered Animal Institute, Guangzhou, China
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS: International Society for Heart Research -North American Section