Dr. Jamie Burr
PhD, Human Health and Nutritional Sciences
MSc, University of Prince Edward Island
BSc, University of Prince Edward Island
. Understanding the effect of exercise on vascular properties
. Elite athlete performance
. Applications of exercise for preventing and managing chronic disease
The Manipulation of Blood Flow for the Enhancement of Health and Performance
1. Burr J.F., Slysz J, Boulter M. Influence of Active Recovery on Cardiovascular Function During Ice Hockey. Sports Medicine, 1:27, 2015.
2. Slysz J., Stultz J., Burr JF. The Efficacy of Blood Flow Restricted Exercise for Stimulating Adaption in Strength and Hypertrophy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JSAMS.2015
3. J.F. Burr, J. Slysz, M. Boulter. NRC IRAP Project: A pilot investigation of transdermal creatine phosphate delivery for altering musculoskeletal performance- results and implications for future study design, 5 pages, 2015.
4. Slysz J., Jamnik R., Gledhill N., Burr J.F. Relationship of Physiological Fitness Tests and Early Career Hockey Success in Elite level Ice Hockey Players. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise. 2016.
5. Slysz J., Burr J.F. The Efficacy in Transdermal Creatine Cream in the improvement of Performance, Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39 (S1):S42, 2015
6. Slysz J., Burr J.F. The Physiological Effects of blood flow restricted muscle stimulation, Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39 (S1):S42, 2015.
7. Burr J.F, Slysz J., The Reliability and Validity of the Diazyme SMART 700-300 Analyzer for HbA1c and hs-CRP. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39 (S1):S42, 2015.
8. Burr J.F, Slysz J., Boulter M., Warburton D. Cardiovascular difference during active versus passive recovery in ice-hockey measured using impedance cardiography, European Directory of Sports Science, 2015
9. J. Slysz, J. Stultz, J.F. Burr. Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the Efficacy of Blood Flow Restricted Exercise for Stimulating Adaptations in Strength and Hypertrophy. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39 (S1):S42, 2014
10. J. Slysz, M. Boulter, J.F.Burr. Recovery effect of ischemia and reperfusion on exercise performance after induced muscle soreness: a pilot study Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39 (S1):S42, 2014
. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. 2016.
. Ontario Exercise Physiology. 2015.
. Canadian Society Exercise Physiology. 2015.
. Canadian Society Exercise Physiology. 2014.
. APES+ Conference. 2014.