Nirmala Chinnappareddy (Nimmi)
Labs I work with:
Dr. Pyle and Dr. Martino
Histopathology, Immunohistochemistry, Confocal microscopy and fluorescence techniques.
ELISA, Immunoblotting, ATPase estimation, Collagen estimation, Langendorff perfusion.
Cardio protective effect of estrogen through its receptors, ER-alpha and ER-beta.
Role of circadian clock in cardiac function and Heart disease.
Nirmala Chinnappareddy did her B.V.Sc. in 2004 from the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India and Masters (2006) and Doctoral degrees (2009) in Pharmacology and Toxicology from Veterinary College, KVAFS University, India. In 2009 she joined the Cardiovascular INVESTIGATORS as a postdoctoral fellow at Biomedical Sciences, UOG. Currently, she is investigating the cardio protective effect of estrogen through its receptors, ER-alpha and ER-beta, using Langendorff perfusion of the heart with different receptor specific agonists and antagonists. She is also interested in the investigation of circadian regulation of heart in normal and diseased conditions.
1. Nirmala, G. C., Shridhar, N. B., Suchitra, B. R., Veena, K., Jayakumar, K. and Chandrashekhar, S. C. (2007). Subchronic toxicity of Aspergillus wentii culture filtrate in mice. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Toxicol., 6 (1 and 2): 76-80.
2. Nirmala, G. C., Shridhar, N. B., Suchitra, B. R., Veena, K., Sathyanarayana, M. L. and Jayakumar, K. (2009). Toxicity of Aspergillus wentii in buffalo bull calves. Indian Vet. J., 86 (2): 215-216.
3. Nirmala, G. C., Shridhar, N. B., Suchitra B. R. and Isloor, S., (2009). Toxicity studies of fungal isolates from sorghum straw in mice. Indian Vet. J., 86 (12) p 1224-1226.
4. Veena, K., Shridhar, N. B., Chandrashekhar, S. C., Siddaraju, V. B., Suguna Rao, Nirmala, G. C., Jayakumar, K. (2009). Toxicity study of Aspergillus glaucus from paddy straw on mice. Indian Vet. J., 86 (1): 29-31.
5. Mohan, K., Shridhar, N. B., Honnappa,T. G., Ramachandra, S. G., Nirmala, G. C. and Jayakumar, K. (2009). Induction of lactation in repeat breeding crossbred heifers. Indian J. of Anim. Sci., 79 (4): 379-380.
6. Alibhai FJ, Tsimakouridze EV, Chinnappareddy N, Wright DC, Billia F, O'Sullivan L, Pyle WG, Sole MJ, Martino TA. (2014).
Short Term Disruption of Diurnal Rhythms Following Murine Myocardial Infarction Adversely Affects Long Term Myocardial Structure and Function. Circulation Research. [Epub ahead of print]
7. Kulpa J, Chinnappareddy N, Pyle WG. (2012). Rapid changes in cardiac myofilament function following the acute activation of estrogen receptor-alpha. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41076. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0041076. Epub 2012 Jul 30.