Providing documents in a range of formats will enable people with different abilities and learning styles to choose the format that works best for them.
- Tipsheet - Using Word Documents and/or PDFs
- Microsoft Word Accessibility Video pt 1
- Microsoft Word Accessibility Video pt 2
PDF Files and Accessibility
While PDF files are becoming increasingly accessible to people who use screen readers, it nevertheless remains good practice to provide documents in both PDF and HTML formats.
- Creating Accessible Adobe PDF Files: A Guide for Document Authors
- Online tool to convert PDF documents to plain text
- PDF Accessibility Techniques by WebAIM
- Tipsheet - Using Powerpoint
- Powerpoint Accessibility Techniques by WebAIM - Convert PowerPoint presentations into accessible HTML (an add-on to PowerPoint).
This website was created and is maintained by the University of Guelph’s Human Rights and Equity Office.