UGAA Board of Directors
Nominations are being accepted now! The deadline is April 30!
The University of Guelph Alumni Association (UGAA) is a strategic and advisory board consisting of 10 elected directors whose mission is to "sustain and strengthen the University of Guelph." Board members are alumni with a strong interest in, and commitment to, advancing the goals and priorities of the University. Directors hold office for a period of 3 years and take office immediately following the Annual General Meeting, usually held during Alumni Weekend in June. The Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers from various years of graduation and colleges that demographically represent the University of Guelph’s alumni population.
● Increase the awareness of alumni and their involvement, contributions and interactions with the
● Act as a strong ambassador for the University of Guelph
● Motivate fellow alumni to be active in University advancement and alumni outreach
● Seek out new affinities that will expand the connection alumni have with the University
● Provide information, best practices and ideas for the UGAA and Alumni Affairs and Development
● Contribute to the good governance and ethical behaviour of the UGAA
● Be an active participant in at least one UGAA subcommittee
● Be prepared for all meetings by reviewing the past minutes, committee reports, and any other
information provided in advance
● Contribute to the governing of the UGAA, which includes proposing, debating, approving
operations as well as short and long term strategic planning
● Exhibit loyalty to the Board and its decisions, practicing the principles of democratic decision
making at all times. including contributing to the effective governance of the UGAA through
healthy debate of ideas.
● Diligent preparation and attendance at all meetings.
● Set a leadership example by contributing financially to U of G at a level that is personally
● Declare a conflict of interest as applicable
● Up to 10 Board meetings per year
● Participation on working sub-committees
● Annual general meeting (June)
● Homecoming Weekend (September)
● Attendance at University and alumni functions as required
Meetings normally occur at Alumni House. Dinner is provided for each meeting.
Should you have any questions, please contact the UGAA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.824.4120 ext. 56544