Bachelor of Arts Counselling Office : Faculty Advisors

Faculty Advisors help you:

  • select courses required for your specialization (Major, Minor, Area of Concentration)
  • provide information on the specialization, and can assist you in planning for completing the specialization course requirements.  You must see the appropriate faculty advisor and get a signature in order to declare a specialization (Major, Minor, Area of Concentration). Take a Schedule of Studies Change Request form with you.

Faculty Advisors also:

  • approve or deny substitutions for courses required for the specialization.  A signature is also required from a BA Academic Counsellor, but the faculty advisor must be approached first to assess the course you want to substitute, and sign for approval.
  • can advise on about careers and further education in the discipline, or refer you to another faculty member to discuss career direction and the graduate school application process, etc.

Department Offices will know when faculty advisors have office hours. If you cannot contact a faculty advisor by email or by going to their department office and finding posted office hours, contact the department office undergraduate administrative assistant.

Current Faculty Advisor listing (link)