The Rutherford Family Conservatory consists of a glass greenhouse, built in 1930, containing a variety of exotic plants. The building incorporates limestone blocks from the foundation of original barns on campus to accent the various plants. The greenhouse and garden restoration was funded by alumni.
Stop by the adjoining water garden, with its lily pads and stock of goldfish. Look over the large urn, dedicated to the three founding colleges of the University of Guelph, facing the greenhouse. Enjoy the spring/summer/fall/winter gardens that radiate from the greenhouse. Benches in the gardens, dedicated by university alumni, provide an ideal resting spot during the walking tour.