George Creelman (1869-1929) graduated in 1885 with one of the first degrees bestowed by the Ontario Agricultural College. He continued his education, receiving his Master's degree at Mississippi Agricultural College. During Creelman's tenure as President of the Ontario Agricultural College from 1904-1920, he oversaw the construction of both Mills Hall and the dining hall that now bears his name.
Creelman was a progressive leader, focused on both science and extension, and ushered in a new era of specialization and research that reflected rural Ontario's needs. He also championed the growth of the Ontario Women's Institutes. Today, Creelman Hall is a marche-style dining concept; the first of its kind at a North American university.
The Creelman Marketplace looks like a classic 1930's warehouse with a bright, bustling ambience. In this open-market concept you will find a variety of specialized shops, and exhibition cooking including Casa Domenico (pizza and pasta), Mom's Home Cooking and Nature's Best (vegetarian shop), and a Harvey's, serving Swiss Chalet. Creelman Marketplace is only a three minute walk from North Campus residences.
auto door and ramp access to main entrance off Winegard Walk
P24 north of College Ave; P44 off Winegard Walk
accessible unisex washroom on first floor, to the right of main entrance