Built in June of 1924 from Georgetown limestone, students forced administration’s hand in choosing the hall’s location by cutting down a stand of Norway spruce and digging the foundation one night. It was built to celebrate the 50th anniversary of OAC and to honour students who had enlisted and died in the First World War.
Two bronze tablets face each other in the Memorial Chapel; one bearing the names of the 109 fallen men who lost their lives in First World War, the other remembering those who died in the Second World War.
View the portraits of five OAC Presidents and Professor William Graham between the windows in the main auditorium of this magnificent building.
ramp access on north side of building off College Avenue
access to all floors
accessible & gender neutral washroom
P24 off MacDonald Lane; P44 off Winegard Walk