About the C.J. Munford Centre
There is established by this Constitution a representative body entitled the Clarence J. Munford Centre henceforth known as the “C.J. Munford Centre” and “the Centre”
The C.J. Munford Centre is a centre for ethnic diversity at the University of Guelph.
The centre is committed to establishing educational programming, cultural events and promoting ethnic diversity to the University of Guelph community.
- To provide space for individuals who have been racially harassed and discriminated against and are the victims of systemic racism (May 1995)
- To operate as a resource centre for the University of Guelph community providing referrals and materials on anti-racism (May 1995)
- To operate as a place of support and to provide the ways of sustaining strength for people from diverse ethnic groups (May 1995)
- To be a place where individuals can dialogue freely without the threat of invalidation (May 1995)
- To provide programming that celebrates cultural and ethnic diversity (October 2011)