Faculty Positions

Position Title / Rank:

Assistant or Associate Professor

 

College:


College of Physical and Engineering Science

 

Department/School:

 

Engineering

 

Deadline:

 

August 1, 2012 with the hiring process continuing until the position is filled

 

Position Description:

 

The University of Guelph has well established and accredited undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Biological Engineering, Engineering Systems and Computing, Environmental Engineering and Water Resources Engineering. In September 2009, the School began an ambitious expansion program, a new Mechanical Engineering program launched in Fall 2009, and in Fall 2010, Biomedical and Computer Engineering programs were launched. At present the School comprises 38 faculty members, 1100 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. To enhance the teaching quality and capabilities of our design and core engineering courses the School has established new teaching focus contract positions. One new (4-year contract) Teaching Focus Position is available for teaching mainly courses related to Engineering Design.

 

The successful candidate will play a key role in teaching and development of design and engineering core courses that are common to all of the engineering programs in the School. The position will also teach courses in one or more of the School’s specific engineering programs

(http://www.uoguelph.ca/engineering/undergrad-students). This position involves teaching as the primary responsibility with an approximate time allocation of 70%. The remaining 30% will be split between scholarship and service to the School, University and professional activities. It is expected that the candidate will develop teaching scholarship in the pedagogy of engineering design. A PhD in engineering with design experience and industrial experience are required. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is essential.

 

The City of Guelph is known for its educational and cultural life and has often been rated as one of the best cities to live in Canada. It is surrounded by rolling farmland, possesses an excellent public transit system and a wide variety of housing possibilities. The City is within easy driving distance of Metropolitan Toronto and recreational areas from the Niagara wine region to Lake Huron and the ski hills of Collingwood.

 

Further information may be found at the following sites:
www.uoguelph.ca and www.uoguelph.ca/engineering

 

Applications will begin to be reviewed after August 1st, 2012 with the hiring process continuing until the position is filled.

 

Interested applicants should send

  • a Cover Letter (include a summary of teaching experiences and interests),
  • an Updated Curriculum Vitae,
  • a Statement of Teaching Vision (include teaching and teaching assistantship evaluations by the students),
  • a Statement of Research and Development Vision, and
  • the contact information for five references to the address below. 

References will only be contacted with permission of the applicant.

 

Positions are subject to final budgetary confirmation.

 

The Director,
School of Engineering,
University of Guelph,
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
mecheng@uoguelph.ca
FAX: 519-836-0227

 

 

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.

  The University of Guelph is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our University community are encouraged to apply.
   

 

University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1
Canada
519-824-4120