Getting Settled

Elder Care

We are fortunate in Ontario, and in Guelph in particular, to have one organization that co-ordinates the delivery of service and information on a host of community health services for persons of all ages. Whether it be pediatrics for your children or elder care for your parents, the place to begin is the website for the Wellington-Dufferin Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). The CCAC staff coordinate a variety of programs such as visiting nursing, homemaking services and adult day programs. You do not need to see a physician to arrange service. You may call them directly and staff will arrange an assessment. In addition to the website the CCAC can be contacted by phone at 823-2550, toll free at 800-265-8338 or by email