What is the AHNSA?
The AHNSA traditionally is a group of 15 AHN students dedicated to improving student life here on campus! We provide academic resources and fun events for networking opportunities. Check out the AHNSA website, Twitter account and on Facebook.
What do we do?
The AHNSA works for the AHN students by communicating with the department and college faculty about academic and non-academic issues. We also provide ongoing open communication with the AHN students via listserv and class announcements.
Events that we run...
- O-week events (ex. Arboretum Walk)
- First year meet and greet
- A buddy program between upper and lower year students
- Internship forum in the Fall semester (for students pursing a dietetic internship)
- AHN clothing sales
- Career and Internship information sessions
- Fundraising events (ex. Downtown bake sale)
- Numerous social events (ex. Brass Taps Nutrition Trivia and program outings)
How to get involved?
- Elections for the AHNSA executive are conducted at the end of March as well as in September for incoming students.
- Students may be nominated or may nominate themselves.
- Students must either be part-time or full-time undergraduate students in the AHN program who will be able to complete their full one-year term if elected.
** Students are highly encouraged to run for open positions and get involved with their program!!!**
- President (must have 2 years experience on council)
- Vice President (must have 1 year experience on council)
- Communications Co-ordinator
- Senior Peer Advisor
- Senior Professional Development Representative
- Junior Professional Development Representative
- Senior Curriculum Representative (2 year position)
- Junior Curriculum Representative
- 4th, 3rd, 2nd and two 1st year reps.
What's coming up?!
Check out the Facebook Group 'AHNSA' or our website: www.ahnsa.webs.com for information on our current events