GFSSS 2009 Annual Symposium: Outbreaks
Annual Symposium, October 22
Outbreaks: Learning from the Past, Preparing for the Future
For available presentation/abstract click hyperlinks of presentation titles. For speaker biographies click hyperlink of speaker name (links coming soon).
1. An Investigation into a Foodborne Outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 Associated with a Restaurant in North Bay, Ontario
Mike Duncan and Louise Gagne, North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
2. Pathogen Control Best Practices in Food Plants
Ruby M Lee, Guelph Food Technology Centre
3. Multi-Jurisdictional Outbreak Investigations: Challenges and Lessons Learned
James Flint, Senior Epidemiologist, Outbreak Management Division, Centre for Food-borne, Environmental and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Public Health Agency of Canada
4. Safe Food Packaging
Carol Zweep, Guelph Food Technology Centre
5. The Ontario Multi-Agency Foodborne Outbreak/ Food Recall Working Group.
Louise Sharpe, Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Yvonne Whitfield, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
6. Food Safety Culture: A Necessary Prerequisite for the Production of Safe Food
Randy Huffman, Maple Leaf Foods