BASc (Applied Human Nutrition) - University of Guelph
MSc (Food Science) - University of Guelph
PhD (Food Technology) - Massey University, New Zealand
Research Scientist - Agri-Food for Health Aging
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology,hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
About the Job:
This position is a technical product development role for existing products and the development of new products with a focus on nutrition and overall health.
About Your Duties:
· Study novel ingredients for their nutritional and functional impact
· Complete basic research on current formulations and document research activities
· Develop pilot scale processes
· Support plant trials for product launches
· Create ingredient specifications to ensure safe, consistent materials
· Product evaluation (shelf life and sensory panel)
· Support quality activities including HACCP, root cause analysis
· Maintain library of ingredients
· Keep up to date nutrition and costing databases for ingredients and formulas
About Your Experience:
· BS degree in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry required, with a strong preference for a higher degree.
· Knowledge of ingredient functionality, health and nutrition, food manufacturing processes, quality assurance principles, and market research practices
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral
· Intellectually curious to challenge status quo
· Strong organizational skills
· Understanding of product development process
· Demonstrated ability to work in lab environment
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition & New Media Integration
3301 Exposition Blvd., 3rd floor
Santa Monica, CA 90404