William Richard Graham 1875-1958
Head, Department of Poultry, Ontario Agricultural College, 1899-1940
You are visiting:
“He taught men to think”; perhaps one of the greatest compliments anyone could pay to William Richard Graham (1875-1958). Known as ‘Prof’, Graham was appointed lecturer and head of the Department of Poultry, and held the position for 41 years. During that time, Graham had many significant research breakthroughs but, even more importantly, he inspired others and taught them to understand scientific methods and procedures. As evidence, many of his students went on to make major contributions in a variety of fields.
Graham’s own research made him famous, as he formulated a porridge for chicks that was used in the development of Pablum at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children. Graham Hall was built in 1913 for poultry and nutritional research.
The plaque is located on the main floor inside the entrance doors.
For more information about the Historical Walking Tour, please contact Alumni Affairs & Development, (519) 824-4120 ext. 56934 or e-mail email@example.com