Leave for Change Blog Launched
The University of Guelph was the first Leave for Change university partner and is still the largest volunteer sender per year amongst the current five academic partners. This year alone, eight volunteers will participate in the program.
To help share their stories, Human Resources is pleased to announce the launch of U of G's Leave for Change Blog. Now you can follow along with these volunteers as they prepare for their journey, share their impressions and learning during their mandate, and welcome them home.
Jacqueline Murray will be the first volunteer to leave. You can follow Jacqueline's journey to Ghana on her blog.
The 2012/2013 Leave for Change volunteers are:
- Tania Framst, Executive Assistant, Vice President (Finance & Administration) - Nepal
- Patti Goodman, Program Manager, Kemptville Campus - Vietnam
- Verne Harrison, Gallery Coordinator, Macdonald Stewart Art Centre - Vietnam
- Susan Kelner, Program Coordinator, Ridgetown Campus - Ghana
- Jacqueline Murray, Professor of History and Director, First-Year Seminar Program - Ghana
- Looknauth Ramsahoi, Supervisor in the Dairy Analysis Lab, Laboratory Services - Nepal
- Nicole Tessier, Supervisor, Student and Conference Services, Communications and Alumni Relations, Alfred Campus - Burkina Faso
- Clive Thomson, Director, School of Languages and Literatures - Vietnam
U of G is a Leave for Change partner with Uniterra, a joint initiative of World University Service of Canada, and the Centre for International Studies and Co-operation.