The ICPPR 2014 Council Members are as follows:
1. Chris Cutler (Canada)
2. Barbara Herren (FAO)
3. Amots Dafni (Israel)
4. Bernard Vaissere (France)
5. Blande Viana (Brazil)
6. Caroline Gross (Australia)
7. Carolin Mayer (Europe)
8. Breno Freitas (Brazil)
9. Rufus Isaacs (USA)
10. Javier Quezada-Euan (Mexico)
11. Massimo Nepi (Italy)
12. Osman Kaftanoglu (USA/Turkey)
13. Peter Neuman (Switzerland)
14. Wasantha Punchihewa (Sri Lanka)
15. Theodora Petanlou (Greece)
16. Sivaram Venkataramegowda (India)
17. Carlos Vargara- Vice Chair (Mexico)
18. Connal Eardley- Vice Chair (South Africa)
19. Job van Praagh- Secretary/Treasurer (Germany)
20. Peter Kevan - Chair (Canada)
We would also like to announce our newest working group:
Domain Modelling lead by Willem Coetzer
The objectives of this working group will include developing standard definitions of concepts in the domain of flower-visiting so that databases can be more meaningfully merged.
For more information contact Willem @ w.coetzer@SAIAB.AC.ZA
Welcome to the The International Commission for Plant-Pollinator Relationships (I.C.P.P.R.), the objectives of the Commission are to:
- Promote and coordinate research on the relationships between plants and pollinators of all types. This research includes studies of insectpollinated plants, bee foraging behaviour, effects of pollinator visits on plants, management and protection of insect pollinators, bee collected materials from plants e.g. nectar and pollen, products derived from plants and modified by bees.
- Organise meetings, colloquia or symposia related to the above topics and to publish and distribute the proceedings.
- Collaborate closely with national and international institutions interested in the relationships between plants and bees, particularly those whose objectives are to expand scientific knowledge of animal and plant ecology and fauna protection.
How to Join
If you wish to become a member of ICPPR please fill out this form online or download a word version (Membership Form) and submit it to email@example.com. Membership is free and you will be added to the ICPPR listserv to receive updates and news of ICPPR's activities.