Applications for the September 2018 program will open on November 7th, 2017. Applications will be assessed starting February 15th, 2018 and will continue until the program is full. Acceptances will be sent out starting in March 2018 and a waiting list for the program will be kept until July 2018, in case additional spots open up.
- Students will be admitted to the Master of Biotechnology program from a range of undergraduate programs in the biological and life sciences.
- Students from other undergraduate programs, such as business or management programs, will be considered for admission if they are considered to have sufficient biological background.
- To be considered for admission, applicants should meet the minimum requirements of a four-year degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum 75% average over the last two years of full-time equivalent study. (Please note that this is a competitive program and incoming averages of successful applicants are typically above 80%.)
- Students must begin the Master of Biotechnology program in a fall semester.
- Apply through the Department of Graduate Studies at the University of Guelph.
- We will NOT be accepting international applicants for the September 2018 entry date, due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Students will be matched with a faculty supervisor during the first term of the program. Students do not need to find a faculty mentor before applying to the program.
Apply through the Department of Graduate Studies at the University of Guelph. Please note we will not be accepting international applicants for the September 2018 entry date. If you are an international student, please do not apply for the September 2018 start date.