Students entering the program will normally have completed an Honours Bachelor’s degree with a minimum admission average of B (75% and higher) in one of the following fields:
- molecular biology and genetics,
- food science,
- food production systems
- or commerce.
Anyone lacking the required background will be encouraged to complete them prior to commencing their studies in the new program (typically in the immediately preceding summer semester) or, if approved by the program counsellor, during their studies.
- Honours Bachelor’s degree with a minimum admission average of B (75% and higher in the last two years of full time study)
- A strong science background (second year molecular and cellular biology course or equivalent). Those applicants applying after having work experience will be assessed on a case by case basis by the admissions committee*.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit the results of a standardized language test. Please make note of these MINIMUM test scores:
- For TOEFL a minimum score of 93 with a minimum score of 22 in each of the four categories, or
- For IELTS a minimum score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each component.
- We only grant exemptions if you have received a University degree conducted in English from a country where the primary official language is English.
- Please note that these test scores requirements are higher than the general University requirements because this is a fast-paced, course-based graduate program. We cannot accept applicants with test scores lower than the minimums stated above.
- For international applicants, please note that a 3-year degree is NOT sufficient background to apply to this program. A 4-year degree is required, or a 3-year degree plus a Masters. Post-graduate certificates and diplomas are NOT accepted as equivalents. Please see this link for more information about international credential guidelines for specific countries.
- Graduate Record Examination (general) is not required.