Students entering the program will normally have completed an Honours Bachelor’s degree with a minimum admission average of B (75% and higher) in one of the following fields:
- molecular biology and genetics,
- food science,
- food production systems
- or commerce.
Anyone lacking the required background will be encouraged to complete them prior to commencing their studies in the new program (typically in the immediately preceding summer semester) or, if approved by the program counsellor, during their studies.
- Honours Bachelor’s degree with a minimum admission average of B (75% and higher in the last two years of full time study)
- A strong science background (second year molecular and cellular biology course or equivalent). Those applicants applying after having work experience will be assessed on a case by case basis by the admissions committee*.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit the results of a standardized language test. Please refer to the list of acceptable tests and scores.
- Graduate Record Examination (general) is not required.
- Please note this recent change: For the September 2019 entry date, we will NOT be accepting international applicants. We regret any inconvenience.