Where There's a Will, There's a Way
With the holiday season approaching, I ask all University members to think about those in our larger community who need our support, especially at this time of year.
They are people who, for one reason or another, find themselves in difficulty, who need a helping hand. Many turn to the United Way for assistance. In turn, the United Way turns to us to help reach our community members in need.
Our University community has always been a strong supporter of United Way. U of G runs the largest and most effective United Way campaign in the city and county. I thank everyone who has helped so far with this year’s campaign.
But we still need your support — and every penny counts! Please consider giving — or even giving again.
* Attend United Way events in your college, residence or department;
* Buy a vote on College Idol;
* Bid in the Wig-a-Day challenge: Visit the University Centre between Wednesday Nov. 23 and Friday Nov. 25 to bid on a wig to be worn by me during the last week of the campaign;
* Donate any amount from your meal card; or
* Become an “everyday hero” by contributing a dollar a day to the campaign.
Help us meet our goal to raise $525,000. More importantly, help us to help others.