Did you know that...?
- 30% of the population of Lesotho has HIV/AIDS,
- There are only 40 doctors for the 2 million people in Lesotho,
- Life expectancy has now dropped to 34 years of age, and
- Women and children are at the greatest risk of infection.
But did you also know that...?
- OHAfrica, a joint initiative of the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) and its affiliated health research foundation, is currently supporting Lesotho’s national HIV/AIDS strategy,
- One doctor from Guelph’s AIDS clinic has partnered with OHAfrica to raise $1 million for Lesotho’s primary HIV/AIDS clinic,
- This project—the Masai for Africa Campaign—is looking for every person from the city of Guelph to donate $10.
But imagine if we could raise $10 for every person connected to every campus in Ontario.
Imagine if we could raise $10 for every person in Ontario, ...in Canada.
Together, we could make a difference to the people of Lesotho.
- Raise funds for OHAfrica’s national AIDS strategy in Lesotho, Africa,
- Promote awareness of the AIDS crisis in sub-Saharan Africa,
- Build bridges between universities, unions, the public sector and faith communities.