OSAP process has changed !!!
The OSAP application process has changed!!!
If you are applying for OSAP assistance for the 2012-13 academic year, you should be aware of significant changes to how you apply and receive your funding.
Good news, you no longer have to line up to receive your OSAP loan document each semester. Instead, Canada and Ontario have implemented a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) which will cover you for the entire duration of your studies. The MSFAA applies to all students, undergraduate and graduate. Note, you are still required to apply for OSAP each academic year.
In addition, you may now direct the OSAP funds to the University of Guelph to pay the balance on your student account or the OSAP funds can be directly deposited to your personal bank account. However, OSAP cannot be used for the $200 undergraduate registration deposit required by August 13th, 2012.
The new process can be done in 6 easy steps. Applying early will help to ensure your funding is available in time for the payment deadline date:
Apply for OSAP - The Sooner The Better!!
- Complete your OSAP application online and we recommend that you submit the MFSAA to a designated postal outlet to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Submit signature pages and supporting documents (if applicable) to the University of Guelph to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Check your OSAP application and status online through OSAP website.
- Register for courses by September 4th.
- Pay your student account by September 14th. We encourage you to direct your OSAP funds to the University of Guelph to pay your account.
- You will receive an email from OSAP to request that you confirm your income online in October or November.
Detailed process for the above steps:
- Apply online for OSAP.
- Review the MFSAA and ensure your personal information is correct. In addition, make sure you provide accurate banking information, sign the MFSAA and take two pieces of eligible identification to a designated postal outletfor OSAP.
- Print your signature pages from your OSAP application then send them and any supporting documents (if applicable) to Student Financial Services, University of Guelph asap.
- Check your OSAP application status online. Allow 2-4 weeks from the time you mail in your Signature Page(s).
- If possible, register for courses by September 4th, 2012. The University will confirm your enrollment to OSAP and we want to ensure that your OSAP funding is available as soon as possible and in time for the payment deadline date. The payment deadline date is September 14th, 2012. Your student account must be paid in full by the date to avoid late fees and/or de-registration.