Canadian Blood Services
Canadian Blood Services is pleased to announce its 2017 Graduate Fellowship Program competition. Through this exciting Program, Canadian Blood Services offers stipend support for young investigators who want to initiate or continue training in the field of transfusion science.
- Must not hold another stipend award at the same time as the Canadian Blood Services Graduate Fellowship.
- Must be engaged in full-time training in research in a graduate program at a Canadian university leading to a Ph.D. or combined health professional Ph.D. program. While priority will be given to applicants enrolled in a PhD Program, applications from applicants enrolled in an MSc Program will be considered, in particular if, at the applicant’s institution, it is not possible to register directly in the PhD stream. Applicants registered solely for a Master’s degree will not be considered.
- Program is open to both Canadians and citizens of other countries.
- Must be enrolled in a training program that includes actual involvement in research and not only courses in research methods.
- Proposed research must be relevant to one or more of the research priorities described in Section I of these Guidelines.
- Proposed primary academic supervisor must be prepared to host the successful applicant in their laboratory for the duration of the training (2-4 years).
The fellowship has a value of $25,000 per annum with an additional travel allowance of $1,000 per year of support.
Students may be supported for a maximum of four years, with a requirement for successful renewal half way through the fellowship.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documents are delivered by the application deadline. All documents must be delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post (see address below) if necessary. Please note that email delivery is preferred.
More information can be found on Canadian Blood Services Graduate Fellowship Program.
|GBS GFP Guidelines||361.23 KB|
|CBS GFP Application Form||84.02 KB|