France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF)
This program provides financing for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before.
The New Scientific Collaboration Support Program, financed by the France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF), aims to accomplish the following objectives:
- Support developing new expert partnerships between France and Canada,
- Promote the advancement of research and innovation,
- Prepare and structure scientific cooperation between the two countries,
- Promote researcher mobility, particularly for young researchers, and
- Provide research training for young researchers.
Criteria of eligibility:
- The research projects of the selected applicant must be part of a 2018 Franco-Canadian research project preselected by the FCRF’s Canadian member universities.
- The selected applicant must hold Canadian citizenship.
- The applicant’s research projects must make positive contributions to the vitality of scientific cooperation between France and Canada.
$8,000 to $15,000, according to the needs expressed by the principal investigators.
Maximum Project Value
FCRF will fund 5 projects related to Low-Carbon among all projects selected.
2 year project
2018 FOCUS on research related to « Low-Carbon ».
All applications must be submitted electronically to the FCRF correspondent at the Canadian University involved in the project and to the Embassy of France’s Scientific Office.
Note: File names –a SINGLE PDF- must begin with the surname of the lead French researcher, followed by the surname of the lead Canadian researcher (ex: name_name.pdf).
Pre-Selection Deadline: December 11, 2017 4:30 pm. A maximum of 5 pre-selected proposals can be submitted per Canadian University to the Embassy of France in Canada (if more than 5 submissions from the University of Guelph).
More information about this opportunity, please visit 2018 France Canada Research Fund website.