Online Event Registration
Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT)
Co-operative Education & Career Services
Bloomberg is coming to Toronto in May and June to screen students and recent graduates interested in careers in finance, economics, and business. The BAT is a free, standardized exam designed to assess a student's knowledge of various business practices relevant to graduate opportunities within the finance industry. Each student who takes the BAT is anonymously entered into the BAT Talent Search Database, which allows employers to contact them for internship and entry-level positions based solely on their test performance.
Students take the BAT for two main reasons:
1) Self-Assessment: Students use the BAT as an opportunity to identify their strengths and weaknesses then work to make improvements to become a more competitive candidate before their next interview.
2) Recruitment: The Talent Search Database offers exposure to the top investment banks, hedge funds, PE firms, and various international finance companies in the industry. In addition, a number of Fortune 500 companies who see an enormous benefit to recruiting top business-minded students through the BAT use the Talent Search as a valuable hiring tool. Once an employer looks over a student's anonymous test results, they can request more information from the student and even offer a chance for an interview.
Very limited capacity and registration is first come, first serve. Along with the assessment test, there will be a free training session regarding the functionalities of the Bloomberg Terminals. Below are the details
What: Bloomberg Assessment Test (screens students for careers in finance, economics, or business)
Where: Bloomberg Toronto Office, 161 Bay Street, Suite 4300 (TD Tower)
Instructions as to how to register (2 Simple Steps):
1. Send your name, email, and preferred date/time to battoronto at gmail.com (Subject line: BAT 2)
Go on BAT website www.taketheBAT.com/
(Students -> Register -> Canada)
Put in your Name and Email address once you are on the website
Put BAT 2 in the box How Did You Hear About the BAT?
And that's all it takes, simple and easy.
- Interview of recent test takers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcnLK6CEhc
- No downside - score well - get noticed by employers; score poorly - you'll forever be anonymous.
- Increase your chances of getting an interview from employers who are not visiting campus.
- Hundreds of students are making connections with employers after taking the assessment.
- Learn how you compare with global peers (North American, Europe, Asia, etc.).
- No preparation required.
|| Off-site location
||Friday June 15, 2012
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|This event requires 24 hours of advanced registration.
Please register before June 14, 2012, 10:00 AM