Terms and Conditions for use of CTS Equipment
- The person signing this document and renting the equipment itemized above (referred
to as the "Lessee") acknowledges that, prior to renting, the equipment was inspected
and is in good functional condition at the time received.
- The Lessee agrees to pay the rental rate.
- The Lessee agrees to promptly return the equipment at the end of the rental period
in the same condition received. The Lessee also agrees to assume any and all legal
liability for the cost of repair or replacement in the event of loss due to theft,
damage, negligence or misuse.
- Upon return and inspection by Classroom Technical Support (the "Lessor"), any and
all repairs necessary and accessories missing that were itemized will be charged to
- The Lessee will also pay the Lessor for any charges incurred by it to recover equipment
not promptly returned when requested.
- The Lessor retains title to the equipment.
- The Lessor assumes no responsibility for any damage caused by the equipment or other
liability of any kind resulting from the use or malfunction of the equipment. The
Lessee agrees that the limit of the Lessor's liability is limited to the refund of
the actual rental fee ONLY.
- The Lessee must provide a University of Guelph department code and
University of Guelph Identification Card when renting equipment . The
lessee who does not have a University of Guelph department code must
provide a valid Ontario driver's licence or University of Guelph Identification
Card, and a deposit equal to two days rental of the equipment paid by
cash, certified cheque, debit card or major credit card.
- The Lessee acknowledges that the Lessor is not liable for any consequential damages
arising from the inadequacy of the equipment.
- The Lessee accepts responsibility and liability for any infringement of copyrights
or performance rights through use of the equipment. The Lessee agrees to indemnify
and hold blameless the University of Guelph from any liability which may arise from
Infringement of these rights can occur if this equipment is used to make recordings
of broadcast programs, duplicate recorded program materials or display materials that
have not been licensed for classroom use by the University of Guelph. To be licensed
for classroom use the materials must be either owned by, rented for or produced by
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Lessor and the Lessee
and the Lessee acknowledges that there are no promises, inducements, representations,
collateral warranties, warranties, conditions, options or terms oral or written, express
or implied, or otherwise, made or on behalf of the Lessor or operating in favour of
the Lessee with respect to any aspect of the equipment other than as may be expressly
stated in this agreement.
Room 108, Day Hall