Mussel Research Lab-Tech Student Internship - Minnesota
MUSSEL RESEARCH LAB-TECH INTERNSHIP
- 2012 Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Stream Habitat Program
- 1 Part-Time (26hrs/week) Position
- Position Description: The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources may be filling 1 part-time (26 hours/week) student intern position to assist with laboratory studies on the life history of native freshwater mussels.
- Up to 7 days a week, exact hours are flexible but more hours are anticipated on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Position will be at the DNR Central Office in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Start date is somewhat flexible, but is expected to begin by May 1, or soon thereafter, and continue to at least August 31 (POSSIBLY extending through mid October).
- Job Duties: Assist with laboratory studies on the life history of native freshwater mussels.
- Duties will include Fish husbandry, maintenance of more than 20 aquaria.
- This will include monitoring water quality and cleaning filters.
- Monitoring fish health, including treatment of sick fish and a proper feeding schedule.
- This internship will also include assisting with mussel host suitability studies, recording daily lab activities and trial data along with field collection of native fishes. Up to 7 days a week, exact hours are flexible but most hours are anticipated on Mondays and Thursdays. Field collection of native fishes.
- Required Qualifications: In order to hold this position you must be receiving college credit and majoring in one of the following: Biology, Natural Resources, Fisheries and Wildlife, Recreation Resource Management, Ecology, or
- For more information, click here
Students: Rebecca Dolson, MSc, and former student of U. of Guelph, brought this to my attention.
Created: Jan. 12 2012
marie Thérèse Rush
If you have comments or suggestions,
please email me
(marie Thérèse Rush)
Surtout, la pédagogie, c'est la raison
qu'on crée des programmes!