About Libs Today | Digital docs | Ontario history | Photo gallery | Blog  

Brampton Public Library

Opened 1907


Brampton Public Library exterior, c.1906.

Brampton received a gift from Andrew Carnegie of $12,500 in April 1902. After a lengthy delay in securing a site, a process which included passage of provincial legislation (7 Edward VII c.59) in 1906, the firm of Wickson & Gregg was retained to erect the new library. The building on Queen Street opened to the public in 1907.

Main floor: stack room, reading room, committee room.

Source: Archives of Ontario, S-2022

Page created on 13 May 1997
Last modified on


Created February 1996 | Book requests or comments to: Libraries Today | top of this page |