About Libs Today | Digital docs | Ontario history | Photo gallery | Blog  

Lindsay Public Library

Opened 28 June 1904


Lindsay exterior, c.1905: red brick and artificial stone window sills, architraves, and quoins.

Lindsay received two Carnegie grants totalling $13,500 to erect a public library on Market Park in 1904. The stack room housed 20,000 volumes and protruded from the rear in a semi-circle. Open access was permitted to books.

Main floor: children's reading room, stack room board room, general reading room.

Size: 27 ft. x 55 ft.

Source: Archives of Ontario, S-2037

Page created on 19 May 1997
Last modified on

Created February 1996 | Book requests or comments to: Libraries Today | top of this page |