About Libs Today | Digital docs | Ontario history | Photo gallery | Blog  

Streetsville Public Library, free public library 1 July 1902

Streetsville established a free public library on 1 July 1902. The wood frame building on the corner of Queen and William Streets was partly a donation by Mrs. William Cunningham and cost $200 in 1901. It shared space with a jewellery shop and was heated with a coal stove. A lecture room was located on the second floor.

Size: 24 ft. x 40 ft.

Source: Archives of Ontario, S-16035

Photo caption: Streetsville two-storey batten and board frame building, n.d. [before c.1906]

Page created on 19 May 1997
Last modified on

Created February 1996 | Book requests or comments to: Libraries Today | top of this page |