About Libs Today | Digital docs | Ontario history | Photo gallery | Blog  

Wallaceburg Public Library, c. 1907

A Carnegie grant of $11,500 was used at Wallaceburg to open a new library on 12 December 1907. A slate roof, red brick, artificial Roman stone, leaded windows, Georgia pine, oak panelling, steam heat, gas fuel, and electric lighting were featured in its construction.

The structure was renovated during the centennial of 1967 and a new addition added. In 1984 the original building was turned over to the town.

Modified 30 March 2006
Last modified on


Created February 1996 | Book requests or comments to: Libraries Today | top of this page |