About Libs Today | Digital docs | Ontario history | Photo gallery | Blog  

Windsor Public Library, opened 16 Oct. 1903

Windsor brick and stone faced exterior, c.1905.

Windsor first established a public library in 1895. Andrew Carnegie donated $27,000 in two grants towards the completion of a new library which opened in October 1903 with the Minister of Education, Richard Harcourt, in attendance.

Main floor: reference room, librarian's office, newspaper room, stack room, reading room, delivery counter and hall.

Size: 92 ft. x 64 ft.

Source: Archives of Ontario, S-2063

Page created on 16 May 1997
Last modified on

Created February 1996 | Book requests or comments to: Libraries Today | top of this page |