How to sign out equipment:
• Must have member card and photo ID with you to sign out anything
• Come to a posted office hour (they are posted outside the PAC on the bulletin board and on our website (http://www.uoguelph.ca/~paclub/)
• The executive who signs out the equipment to you will do a thorough inspection of what you are signing out to ensure you get it in pristine and working order
• You cannot sign out a key and equipment at the same time. This is considered monopolizing club resources and to allow fair access to all members, we restrict you to signing out either a key OR equipment at any given visit.
• When you sign out equipment we keep your member card until you return the equipment
• When signing out equipment, ensure that you are able to return it on any of the office hours specified on that date. You must come to an office hour to return equipment. Upon returning equipment, the exec member will check the equipment over to ensure that it is still in good working order and then they will return your member card. You are responsible for the equipment until it is returned to an office hour and signed by an exec
• If you want to do color printing, please let us know when you sign out a key, as you will also need to sign out a key for the fridge where color chemistry is kept.
• Keys can be returned in the “key drop box” located in the office in the light table. Keys are due by midnight on the day specified that you would return it
• Late Item Policy: the PAC frowns on returning items late since other members are counting on you to return equipment on time. If you return items late 3 times in a row, we will confiscate your membership card for the remainder of the semester and you will no longer be able to sign out equipment, attend workshops or use the PAC for that semester (membership fee will not be refunded). This three strike rule does not mean that you have 2 free chances to return items late. We realize that there are rare occasions when you will be unable to return equipment on time and it is for these reasons that this policy is in effect. If you are unable to return items in on time you must notify us by phone at (519) 824-4120 x58102 or e-mail at email@example.com. Failure to do so (or keeping an item 4 or more days may result in immediate revocation of your membership.
• When you return your equipment we will return your membership card and do another thorough inspection of the equipment you are returning to ensure that it is coming back in working order. If you experience any difficulties with the equipment you had signed out, or if you cause any damage to the equipment, please let the exec know at this time so that we can ensure that we can promptly repair all damaged equipment. We have a budget for repairs so it is very unlikely that we will charge you, unless we deem that the damage is malicious in nature.
Items available for sign-out:
• Pentax K1000’s
• 2 medium format cameras
• Zoom lenses
• Macro lenses
• Wide angle lens
• Fisheye lens
• Trip cords (cable releases)
• Filters for cameras and for printing
• Metal tanks
• Expensive printing easel
• Light kit
• Flashes (with batteries)
• Reflecting disk
• External light meter
Items available for purchase:
• Please refer to the INFO section
How to sign up for the darkroom/studio:
• Sign out a key from an office hour for the darkroom after checking to make certain that the time/date you wish to use the darkroom is available (by checking the signup sheets outside the PAC office on the bulletin board) and that this date lies within 3 days of the day you are signing out the key (since key signouts are only allowed for 3 days).
• Note: darkrooms and studio are available from 7am -1am everyday. Ventilation shuts off at 1am and thus being in PAC later than this time may be dangerous to your health. If anyone is found in PAC outside of the available hours we will lose our club status.
• After signing out the key, pencil yourself in on the darkroom/studio sign up sheet for the corresponding darkroom you wish to use (darkroom 1 is the big one) for no more than 4 hours. Each member is allowed up to 4 hours darkroom time per week (you can actually use the darkrooms more than 4 hours per week in the following instance: you already have a key signed out and the darkrooms are empty and there is no one scheduled for them for the duration of time you wish to use the darkroom.
• Show up at the time you signed up for, use your key to get in the PAC office door. Place your membership card in the member card holder beside the door to the darkrooms so that the execs know which darkrooms are occupied by who so that we can avoid bothering you too much for cleaning/chemistry issues if we are on office hours.
• If you are more than 15 min late for the darkroom time you signed up for, you forfeit your timeslot and it becomes available to the PAC members.
• Use the darkroom. Keep it clean. Report any broken equipment of problems to the exec (if there is no exec present when you are in, leave us a message on the desk, voicemail or e-mail).
• When you leave grab your member card fro the member card holder, leave your key in the key drop box if you are done with it and ensure you close the door tight on your way out. At the next office hour, the exec will sign your key back in for you.
• We do not advise wearing contacts in the darkroom. If you forget and end up wearing contacts in the darkroom, there are goggles that are in each darkroom that you can wear to help protect your eyes.
• We do not advise eating or drinking in the darkrooms.
• WHIMIS sheets are available in both darkrooms with information listed about the chemicals used in the darkrooms.
• There is a first aid kit in the office and eyewash stations in each darkroom.
• There are no office hours on weekends. This means if you sign up for the darkroom late on a Sunday, there is the possibility that the chemistry could be exhausted. We try very hard to keep the chemistry fresh and full, but if there are a lot of members in the darkrooms on the weekend, chemistry could become depleted. Keep this in mind when signing up for darkroom time.
• Chem is replenished by execs 15 min before or 15 min after their office hours. Be prepared to relinquish your darkroom to the exec during the posted office hours to let them quickly replenish the chemistry.
• It is important that you do not allow non-members to utilize the club’s resources. If it is late and you do not feel comfortable going to the darkroom alone, you can bring a friend along but they are not permitted to use the darkroom facilities. In allowing others to use your membership, you are not only cheating yourself, but you are staling from all of the other members.
Other items for sign out:
• For certain special items (the expensive light kit and the expensive medium format camera), you are required to complete a short training prior to signing them out.
• Books, magazines, metal reels and the expensive easel are also available for sign-out.
• Studio sign-out requires you to sign-out keys.
Workshops: they are not mandatory, but they are available to you and are included within your membership fee.
PAC Photo Contest: There is a photo contest every semester. Please check our website for more information.
If you have questions about anything please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone us at (519) 824-4120 x58102, stop by an office hour and ask an exec or drop a note in our suggestion box.