Dr. Mina Rasouli
Dr. Tami Martino
Postdoc, Dept of Biomedical Sciences (Jun 2018 - May 2021).
Research Associate, Dept of Biomedical Sciences (Jun 2021 - Jan 2022)
-Involved in design and conducting the scientific projects ongoing in the lab.
- Performed in-vitro experiment using primary cardiomyocyte, drug therapy, cell
viability assay, gene expression.
- Performed molecular experiments including qPCR, western blotting, flow cytometry,
ELISA, histology, immunoblotting.
- Performed in-vivo experiment including drug injection and gavage in a mouse model.
- Maintained three special colonies of mice in the lab including a health check,
breeding, weaning pups, and genotyping.
- Prepared weekly reports based on the collected data.
- Lab managing and training and mentorship of juniors.
- Assisted to write scientific papers and presenting at national and international
- Assisted to write grant applications and budgets.
- Supervised undergraduate, MSc. and Ph.D. students to do their projects and taught
them necessary lab techniques.
Ph.D. in Molecular biotechnology
Molecular biology of heart disease and circadian rhythm.
- Molecular biotechnology methods: PCR, DNA manipulation, cloning, gene
expression, gene knockouts, siRNA inhibition, protein analysis, qPCR, Western
blotting, immunostaining, flow cytometer.
- Cell biology: culturing and maintenance of cell lines, design and development of
stable cell lines, gene and protein expression studies in cells, cell viability assay.
- Microscopy: light microscope, confocal fluorescence microscope, electron
microscopy (TEM), time-lapse imaging.
- Common Microbiology methods: culture and analysis of bacteria.
- In-vivo study and animal handling (mouse): Performed intravenous, intraperitoneal,
and subcutaneous injections, blood sampling, gavage.
- Manage colony of mice: health check, breading, weaning pups, genotyping.
- Computing Skills: common software such as excel, prism, primer design software,
blast analysis, large data analysing for microarray data using Genespring software,
16S rRNA gene sequencing analysis using Mothur and R programming.
For publications please check: