TNT (Try New Things) Grant
COESP TNT (Try New Things) GRANT
COESP TNT Grants are funds available from COESP for the addition of teaching innovations to CBS courses. The funds may be applied to, but are not limited to, salaries for support staff, such as work-study students or OpenEd expertise. These funds may also be used to purchase equipment or other tangible items for course innovation, e.g. software or other technology.
The application is available through a Qualtrics link HERE.
- up to $1000 per course (individual or team proposal)
- ONE grant per year (May to April)
Award Eligibility – College of Biological Science:
- Full-time Staff
- Full-time Faculty
- Teaching Teams
- On the application form, applicants are asked to provide a description of intent, a rationale for the innovation, an indication of need for the grant, and a list of proposed purchases
- An Awardee is requested to share their innovation through a brief communication with the COESP community, e.g. through social media or other form of presentation
- The department Chair will be notified of recipients from their department
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis (May 1 to April 30)
- ONE grant per year may be awarded to an individual or course team
- Funds must be used by the end of April (end of fiscal year)
Application Review Process:
- Proposals will be reviewed by a panel of peers led by the Director or Acting Director of the COESP. Members of the committee will include two other members of the COESP steering committee, as appointed by the Director
- Application will be judged based on justification of the specific proposed innovation - need, scope, feasibility, and sustainability.
- Successful applicants will also agree to the promotion of their innovation through COESP social media outlets