Thinking of Graduation
Before you begin the application process for graduation, check your Program/Academic Evaluation found on WebAdvisor to ensure you have completed the necessary requirements for the B.B.R.M. degree:
- Completion of a minimum of 20.00 credits
- Continuation of Study status
- Cumulative average of 60.00% or above
- All core courses as listed in the Schedule of Studies in the appropriate Undergraduate Calendar
- All required courses for your major
- All restricted electives required for your major
- All required 3000 and 4000 level courses
Use our sample Program/Academic Evaluation to help you better understand how to read your Program/Academic Evaluation.
As you prepare for the graduation application process:
- Be sure to refer to the Schedule of Studies in the appropriate Undergraduate Calendar - the calendar that was in effect the fall semester you started the B.B.R.M. program unless otherwise approved by your Program Counsellor. All calendar changes must be approved by the Program Counsellor. In cases where there are discrepancies, follow the Undergraduate Calendar. Your calendar year is stated on your Program/Academic Evaluation.
- Make sure you have the required paperwork or correspondence from the Program Counsellor granting substitution approval of any course requirements (if applicable). Individual substitutions (and some generic substitutions) are not recorded on your Program/Academic Evaluation on WebAdvisor, so you need to keep track of these in your own records. Approval may be a listserv email that gives general information on substitutions or the lists on the Supplemental Information for your Schedule of Studies. If the substitution is unique to the student, this information would be recorded in an email from the Program Counsellor.
- Be sure to pay all library fees. Students will not be permitted to graduate if they have any outstanding fines or fees.
Students will receive a personalized email from the Registrar's Office with information about graduation applications, deadlines, and fees when the student has met the minimum number of credits required to apply for graduation. These credits may or may not be the appropriate credits required for their degree so it is recommended that students read through the details above and below before they proceed with the following application process.
Students apply for graduation using WebAdvisor. The application is found by logging onto WebAdvisor and selecting "Application for Graduation" under "Academic Profile". Students should be aware of application deadlines before applying to avoid paying a late fee. Students should note that the online application is available only during certain times of the year.
Detailed instructions on completing online graduation applications are offered by the Registrar's Office.
After completing and submitting their application, students should confirm their submission by exiting and re-entering WebAdvisor and following the same link, to check the status of their application.
Be sure to pay any fees associated with attending your convocation ceremony (gown rental and additional tickets).
After applications have been submitted:
After a student applies for graduation and after the 40th class day (the last day to drop courses for that semester) Program/Academic Evaluations are printed by the Registrar's Office and sent to the Program Counsellor. Evaluations are assessed by the Program Counsellor and Faculty Advisor to determine the graduation status of the student. A student may fall into one of three categories: "Eligible to Graduate", "Tentative Graduation" (need to successfully complete courses in progress), or "Not Eligible to Graduate". This decision is then returned to the Registrar's Office. Students who are not eligible to graduate will be contacted by the B.B.R.M. Program Counsellor via email or phone.