Full Courses

Posted on Friday, August 26th, 2016

If a class or section you would like to take in the fall semester is full, you can contact the instructor of the class to see if they are willing to overload the section you would like to take. There are many reasons why this might not be possible (not enough room in the lecture hall, not enough lab benches in a lab section, not enough resources for all students etc.), but if you do not ask, you do not give the instructor an opportunity to say yes.

If the answer is yes, you and the instructor need to sign a Course Wavier Request form (available in our office and at the Registrar’s Office). Once signed, you need to submit the form to the Registrar’s Office (third floor of the UC) and they will put it on WebAdvisor for you. You may only submit a Course Waiver Request form during a course selection period or add period. The current add period ends September 16th. 

If there is no instructor listed, please contact the chair of the department that offers the course. A list of chairs is available online.

Incoming, first year students, please contact Melinda (ext 54800, Johnston Hall 133A) if you can't get into a full section of a required course. The process for you is slightly different!

Find related news by keyword

News Archive