Undeclared First Year
Students admitted to the Undeclared First Year can view the Fall and Winter list of suggested courses via the Undeclared Schedule of Studies.
If you are already interested in a specific major and would like to investigate it further, you can view the semester one and two course requirements. As an Undeclared First Year student, we encourage you choose the introductory course that relates to your potential major of interest. They are listed below;
- Accounting -- ACCT*1220 (fall) and ACCT*1240 (offered winter only)
- Food and Agricultural Business -- FARE*1400 (offered winter only)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management – HTM*1700 or HTM*1070 (offered fall only) and HTM*1160 (offered winter only)
- Leadership and Organizational Management -- HROB*2090 (offered winter)
- Management Economics and Finance -- choose one of MATH*1030 or MATH*1200 (for details, visit Information for First-Year B.Comm Students)
- Marketing Management -- PSYC*1000 (offered both fall and winter)
- Public Management -- POLS*1400 (offered fall only)
- Real Estate and Housing -- REAL*1820 (offered fall only)
The deadline to select a B.Comm major is mid February 2018, just prior to the beginning of the Fall 2018 course selection period. If you decide on your major before this date, you are welcome to contact the B.Comm Program Counselling Office and declare your major.
Resources to help you choose your B.Comm major
- MGMT 1000 Intro to Business--you will take this course during the Fall semester. Provides you with an understanding of the evolution of forms of business organization and their role in social and economic development.
- The Undergraduate Calendar will provide you with details on all of the courses required for each of our majors.
- Faculty Advisors are experts in their major who can assist you with questions concerning their program and beyond: graduate school, career opportunities etc.
- Student Groups and Clubs—connect with peers who are currently completing a B.Comm major.
- What can I do with my Degree—up to date information on what you can do with a B.Comm degree for each of our majors as well as a list of companies where our graduates have found careers.