- University Professor Emeritus, Un. of Guelph (Mathematics and Statistics); Professor Emeritus at the Un. of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
- Adjunct Professor, Un. of Waterloo (Chemical Engineering).
- BASc Engineering Science/MASc Chemical Engineering (Toronto) and MSc/PhD Applied Mathematics (Waterloo).
- mathematical modeling, thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
- senior author of the text "Chemical Reaction Equilibrium Analysis: Theory and Algorithms" (900+ citations)
- developed the Reaction Ensemble Monte Carlo method for the molecular simulation of chemical reaction equilibria.
- developed the Smith model of the male reproductive system
- current research projects involve aqueous electrolyte speciation and solubility, CO2 capture by reactive absorption, and the design of refrigerant working fluids and refrigeration cycles.