How Do I Place an Order?

*Please note that the CBS purchasing staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to the CBS Purchasing COVID-19 information page for instructions on how to place an order during this time.*

A CBS Purchasing and Financial Transaction Request Form must be completed for all purchasing or financial transactions. Once signed authorization is completed, please email it to the CBS purchasing clerks. If you need to submit a hard copy, mail boxes are located on the 3rd floor in SSC #3447 or you can go directly to the CBS purchasing office in SSC #3449.

Which purchasing clerk should I contact for order placement?

Find your name on the list of assigned purchasing clerks in CBS. If your name or administrative group (e.g. IB admin staff) is not on the list, please find the name of your faculty advisor; their assigned purchasing clerk will be your contact.

Which buyer do I contact for assistance when sourcing a product?

Please review the University of Guelph list of buyers by commodity. Buyers' names are indicated on the right hand side of the list.


Full list of frequently asked questions