Student Employment Opportunities
We will be hiring CCS Student Consultant staff (part-time positions) in the Fall 2017 semester. Check this page for more details in September.
CCS Student Consultants
CCS Student Consultants provide support for CCS services and software products in two locations: the CCS IT Help Desk in the Library providing face to face support and in the CCS Help Centre providing telephone and email support. We are seeking outgoing and positive people to provide excellent customer service to the university community. Candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts (during the day when not in class, some evenings and weekends).
CCS Student consultants handle a variety of technical support issues and we will provide training:
- Configuring and troubleshooting email (Office365, email software such as Outlook and on mobile devices)
- Assisting with internet connectivity (residence internet and UofG secure wifi)
- Resolving virus and spyware issues
- Supporting software products such as MS Office and Adobe software (CCS supported products)
- Providing assistance with library public computers and printing
- General computing issues
CCS Student consultants also participate in team development initiatives, tasks and projects as required. Members of the team must be willing to expand their knowledge in the area of information technology.
You may be the right candidate for this position if you have the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and over the telephone
- Strong communication skills and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work well within a team environment and work independently
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Macintosh knowledge is an asset
- Strong knowledge of internet and network connectivity issues
- Reliability, good organizational and self-managing skills and a willingness to learn (continuous learning environment)
- Strong user skills in a variety of software applications
To apply for these positions please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a sealed copy at the IT Help Desk in the Library, the main floor, next to the Research Help Desk. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.