Student Employment Opportunities
We are currently not hiring any CCS Student Consultant staff (part-time positions). Check back for future employment opportunities in Fall 2016.
CCS Student Consultants
CCS Student Consultants provide support for CCS services and software products in two locations: at the CCS IT Help Desk in the Library providing face to face support and in the CCS Help Centre providing telephone support. We are seeking outgoing and positive people to provide excellent customer service to the university community.
CCS Student consultants handle a variety of technical support issues and we will provide training:
- Configuring and troubleshooting email (Gryph Mail & Gryph Gmail, email software such as Outlook)
- Assisting with internet connectivity (residence internet, LAN and UofG wireless)
- Resolving virus and spyware issues
- Supporting software products such as MS Office and Adobe software (CCS supported products)
- Providing assistance with library computers and printing
- General computing issues
CCS Student consultants also participate in team development initiatives, tasks and projects as required. Members of the team must be willing to expand their knowledge in the area of information technology.
You may be the right candidate for this position if you have the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and over the telephone
- Strong communication skills and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work well within a team environment and work independently
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Macintosh knowledge is an asset
- Strong knowledge of internet and network connectivity issues
- Reliability, good organizational and self-managing skills and a willingness to learn (continuous learning environment)
- Strong user skills in a variety of software applications
To apply for these positions please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a sealed copy at the IT Help Desk in the Library, main floor, next to the Research Help Desk. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.