ArcGIS for Desktop Student Timeout Edition
Esri offers ArcGIS for Desktop Student 1-year Trial software for use by students at colleges and universities that are a part of an Esri Educational site license. ArcGIS is a complete system for designing and managing solutions through the application of geographic knowledge.
This software is now available to all Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
Obtaining an Activation Code for Student Timeout Version of ArcGIS
- Visit the CCS Software Distribution site (guelph.onthehub.com) and order an activation code.
- From the main page of the site, click on the "Institutional Use Only Software" tab.
- Select ArcGIS for Desktop Student Edition.
- Click on "Add to Cart" and then click on "Check Out" to view and complete your order.
- Once you have completed your order, you can find your Activation Code on the Order Summary Page under "Registration Number".
Installing ArcGIS Student Timeout Edition
Once you have obtained the activation code from the Student Timeout Edition offering:
- Check the system requirements to make sure your computer has the hardware and software required for the trial.
- Visit www.esri.com/StudentEdition to begin the process of activating and downloading the ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial software.
- Log in using your Existing Esri Global Account, or Sign-up for a new Esri Global account, if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code and click Activate ArcGIS.
- Click ArcGIS 10.7.1 for Desktop.
- If necessary, download the ArcGIS Uninstall Utility and uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop or Server. The software cannot be installed on a computer that has a previous version of ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS for Server installed. It's OK if the computer has ArcGIS Explorer installed.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5 Service Pack 1 or higher).
- Determine the location for the ArcGIS for Desktop software you wish to install and click the Download button. You can also download the Tutorial Data, if desired.
- Double-click downloaded ArcGIS Desktop executable to extract the installation files.
- Locate and run Setup.exe to install ArcGIS for Desktop. The “Complete” installation is recommended.
- After the files are installed, the Authorization Wizard will open and prompt you to choose a product to authorize; select “ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (Single Use)” and click continue.
- The Authorization Wizard will prompt you for an authorization code; enter your activated code. Follow the prompts and the software will authorize and be ready for use. Note: leave the default option for the software extensions selected; they will be authorized automatically.
If you have difficulties activating the software using the activation code you received please contact the CCS Help Centre for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-824-4120 x58888).
Support for the ArcGIS Desktop Student Trial is available at esri.com/trialhelp.