Welcome to CCS, your link to IT support at the University of Guelph. For additional computing support, you can access a variety of resources such as the IT Help Desk on the first floor of the McLaughlin Library and the CCS Help Centre.
Reminder! The University will never ask you to reveal your user ID or password. Please keep them well protected and remember to always log out and close your browser.
Please note: Your U of G email account is intended for academic use only. Your U of G account will be deleted after graduation or after withdrawal from 5/6 consecutive semesters. Once your account is deleted you will also lose access to any external services/account for which you've registered with your U of G account. It is recommended that you do not register for external accounts with your U of G Gryph Mail account (use your personal email account instead). You will be informed in advance of your account deletion following your graduation from U of G.
Here's a list of the most useful links for undergraduates:
- Sign up for U of G Alert, the University's Emergency Notification System:
- Login to your Gryph Mail (bookmark this page): https://mail.uoguelph.ca
- Change Your Password and Make it Secure: Change the password you received from the Registrar's Office and make your password secure
- How to reset your password: Password Reset will let you reset your password if you forget it.
- Gryph Mail Powered by Office 365: U of G's official email
- WebAdvisor: Make sure you enter your central login ID in all lower case letters or you will get a failed login. Check out available courses
- Courselink: U of G's online learning environment
- Secure Wifi: How to connect to wireless internet on campus
- ResNet: Internet support for students living in residence
- Recent scams and phishing attempts: Don't open unknown emails or click on links - Protect yourself from online criminals
- Free access to training from LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Access to hundreds of free online learning courses.
- Software downloads: Receive free or discounted software such as McAfee VirusScan (for Widows), Microsoft Office, SPSS and more!
- Protect your PC: Learn how to make your device secure
- Eduroam: Wireless network service that allows students from Canadian educational institutions to securely access the internet while visiting other member universities
- Supported Products: A list of products supported by CCS
- Student Rights and Responsibilities: Gryph Mail, powered by Office 365, is the official method used by U of G to communicate with you
- Acceptable Use Policy: U of G's official IT policy