Gryph Mail Powered by Google (Gryph Gmail)
This information will no longer be relevant after June 18, 2017. All undergraduates will have their Gryph Mail accounts migrated from Google to Microsoft Office 365. For more information visit the Office 365 website.
Gryph Gmail is the University of Guelph’s Mail and Calendaring Service for undergraduate, diploma and certificate students. This is a cloud-based service powered by Google Apps for Education.
Gryph Gmail is the University of Guelph’s suite of communication and collaboration services for use by the student community and is designed to foster communication and facilitate collaborative learning and research. The suite is a cloud-based solution that includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Google Drive and Google Mobile and is available to U of G undergraduate, diploma and certificate students. The service offers 30GB of storage per user, collaborative document editing, powerful spam filtering and a demonstrated 99.9% uptime and is integrated with the University Single Sign-On framework to enhance access. Please see our getting started page for information on setting up and accessing your Gryph Gmail account.
1. Gmail – full featured email application for the creation, sending, organization and storage of email messages. Gmail allows students to access their U of G email account directly through a web browser or indirectly through an external email application via IMAP or by a smart phone, tablet or other mobile device (Android, Blackberry, Apple, and Windows Phone devices).
2. Google Drive - cloud-based storage and integrated suite of document editing utilities (formerly Google Docs) - document editing and sharing including spreadsheets, forms, slides and other document types. Documents can be shared and edited collaboratively.
3. Google Calendar – full featured time management – allows the users to keep track of important events, organize their schedule, arrange appointments and schedule meetings with other calendar users.
4. Google Contacts – online address book and contact management tool
5. Google Mobile – configure smart phone and rich email application (Thunderbird, Outlook) access to your email and calendar.
Gryph Gmail is available 24/7/365 except during scheduled maintenance announced by Google or during scheduled maintenance of the University of Guelph Identity and Access Management services, i.e., the Central Directory or Single Sign On services - see CCS Service Updates.
Service Requests and Problems – 2 to 5 business days.
Documentation and Training
Support or Help
If you need help or have questions about the service please use one of the following methods for contacting CCS Help:
Frequently Asked Questions
Costs and Purchase Related Items
There is no cost associated with this service.
Who is eligible to use this service?
Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate students at the University of Guelph including Ridgetown and Kemptville Campus
24/7/365 excluding announced maintenance
How Do I Request or Access this Service?
This service is provided to all undergraduate, diploma and certificate students at the University of Guelph including the Ridgetown and Kemptville Campuses.