Non-Academic Guests (uog-guest)
The University of Guelph provides temporary guest accounts exclusively for visitors that either do business with the institution, participate in planned events hosted by the University, or visit entities open to the public, such as the Library. Guest accounts provide access to the internet via HTTP and HTTPS, as well as SSH access for web browsing and access of internet hosted services with speeds up to 10 Mbit/sec. Outbound VPN connectivity is generally supported on a “best effort” basis due to the vast number of third-party solutions available.
Campus guest self-registration process
- Connect to the uog-guest wireless network and open a web browser. If the registration page will not load in your browser, use this URL: https://nac-annu4.net.uoguelph.ca/status
- On the guest portal, click the "Register" button to start the self-registration process.
- Please provide your email address and choose a password.
- Enter the name and email address of your sponsor (typically the U of G staff or faculty member you are here to see) who can approve your guest access. **Note - it needs to be firstname.lastname@example.org and not an email alias eg. email@example.com . If you do not know the email address for your sponsor please contact the CCS IT Help Centre. Finish by clicking the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
- Your sponsor will receive an email notification. Once they approve your request, you will be connected to the internet.
*Wired connections are available to visitors in a student residence (ResNet), public meeting areas and classrooms
Please remember: Guest access is valid based on the specified duration approved (default is one day; maximum is 30 days), guest WiFi sessions will expire every 24 hours so guests will be required to re-sign in every 24 hours.
Sponsor’s guest access approval (or revoke/decline) process
- Please provide your original (non-alias) email address to your guest (email address in format of loginID@uoguelph.ca).
- Open the email from the guest registration system, click on the link provided and log in with your central login ID and password. You can select the pending guest requests and approve them by clicking on the "Approve" button. You have the option to adjust the duration of access (default is one day, maximum length is 30 days).
- Please note your guest will not have access to the internet until you complete this step.
- Once you click on "Approve", your guest will automatically be connected to the internet.
Guest access process for visitors of the Library
- Guests should approach the Ask Us Desk on the first floor of McLaughlin Library to request guest access. Guests will require valid photo ID.
Guests who gain a U of G Guest Access Account will have to log in to ResNet or the wireless network and by doing so they are agreeing to abide by the Guest Access Policy and the University of Guelph Acceptable Use Policy and Guidelines (AUPG). Any computer or device having a negative impact on the network may be blocked from accessing the network.
The U of G Guest Access Account is not a U of G Central Login ID, and cannot be used to access other services, such as Web Advisor, Courselink or FRS.
* Please note that the U of G Guest Access Account will only provide access to the U of G Wireless network with SSID: uog-guest, and will not provide access to any other wireless networks detected on campus.