Connecting to uog-wifi-secure for Windows 7
We recommend trying to connect through JoinNow before doing the manual configuration: JoinNow Windows 7
Follow the step-by-step tutorial to connect to uog-wifi-secure for Windows 7.
- Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Sharing Center / Connect to a network / Wireless.
- Select uog-wifi-secure network and click Connect.
- A Network Authentication screen will appear asking for your credentials, enter your Central UserID and password.
- Windows will ask you to validate the server certificate. Under Details, you will see acs-annu.net.uoguelph.ca. Click on Connect to continue.
- Windows will ask you to select the location of the network. Save the network as Public Network. You are now connected to uog-wifi-secure network.
- Click Start / Control Panel / Networking and Sharing Center / Manage Wireless Networks / Right click on uog-wifi-secure / Properties / Security / Advanced Settings / 802.1X Settings. Make sure the authentication mode is set to "User or computer authentication".
- Click Start / Control Panel / Networking and Sharing Center / Manage Wireless Networks / Right click on uog-wifi-secure / Properties / Security / Settings / Configure. Make sure the option "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)" is UNCHECKED.
Note: After completing steps 6 and 7, you will need to provide credentials to login again.