Connecting to uog-wifi-secure for Windows Vista
Follow the step-by-step tutorial to connect to uog-wifi-secure for Windows Vista.
- Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Sharing Center / Connect to a Network.
- Select uog-wifi-secure network and click Connect. You will see a "Connect to a network" window.
- Click on "Enter/select additional log on information". Enter your Central UserID and Password and press OK, leave Logon domain blank.
- You will see the following window again. Click on "Enter/select additional log on information".
- You will be asked to validate the server certificate. Click on "View Server Certificate", make sure the certificate is issued to acs-annu.net.uoguelph.ca. Click on OK on both Certificates and "View Server Certificate" windows.
- You have successfully connected to the uog-wifi-secure network.
- Click on Close.
- CFS users need to take additional steps to set up your computer to log onto the CFS domain over wireless:
Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Sharing Center / Manage Wireless Networks / Right click on uog-wifi-secure and click on Properties / Security / Settings / Configure / Check "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)" / Reboot and log back on to CFS domain