The test scoring service scans test scoring answer sheets used in quizzes, midterms, and final exams. After the sheets are scanned, instructors then use the CCS Online Test Scoring System to generate their own reports and prepare files for importing marks into the Desire2Learn course management system, WinMarks, etc. All submissions for scanning must be accompanied by a completed Request for Test Scoring Form.
If you have any questions about the test scoring service please contact the CCS Help Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-824-4120 x58888. We ask that you please pick-up your tests within 10 business days. Our new location has limited storage.
LOCATION - We are located in the basement of Johnston Hall (room 033).
Please note: The scanning technology used to scan the Test Scoring Answer Sheets can only detect one shaded-in bubble (i.e. answer) per question. The online test scoring system allows the manipulation of the answer key eg. multiple answers to a question.
- Test Scoring Header sheet (for each section) . You can leave all areas of this form blank, but a Test Scoring Header sheet is required. If you complete the Instructor's Name, Test Name and Test Date fields, this information will appear in your reports.
Staples item Z98UG00900.
Completed Test Scoring sheets - Staples item Z98UG21400 (Red) or Z98UG21900 (Grey)
Your scanner file will normally be available for use in the online Test Scoring system within 2 business days. A user guide for the online system is available after login by clicking the View User Guide link that appears at the top of each web page.
The Answer Key is a standard Test Scoring Answer sheet that the instructor completes to:
- specify the number of questions on the test,
- indicate the most correct response for each question on the test,
- provide the Instructor's Central Login ID, and a one-word name for the Scanner File that is created when the Answer Sheets are scanned.
Information on this sheet is entered by shading in the appropriate bubbles using a #2 HB pencil.
The seven digit STUDENT ID NUMBER field on the Answer Key is used to specify the number of questions as follows:
- Shade in the bubble for 0 in the first column of the STUDENT ID NUMBER field.
- Shade in the bubble for 1 in the second column of the STUDENT ID NUMBER field.
- Starting in column 5, shade in the number of questions as a three digit number (i.e. shade in the bubbles 030 to specify thirty questions).
The most correct response for each question on the test is shaded in the answer area of the sheet. For each question, shade in the bubble corresponding to the most correct response. The web-based Test Scoring system may be used to specify part-marks for other responses to questions.
The Email ID field on the Answer Key is used to specify the Central Login ID of the instructor, and the one-word name for the Scanner File that is created when the Answer Sheets are scanned. Complete the Email ID field as follows:
- Starting in the left most column, shade in the Instructor's Central Login ID (e.g. msmith). Leave at least one blank space.
- Shade in a one word name for the Scanner File (e.g. midterm3).