Faculty & Staff

Obtaining a Central Login Account

New U of G faculty and staff will be assigned a Central Login Account upon the start of their employment at the University of Guelph. Please see the understanding your Central Login ID page for information on how to obtain your Central Login ID and password.

If you have any questions please contact the CCS Help Centre

Requesting Changes to Central Login Account Information

Human Resources (HR) is the authoritative source for most faculty and staff identity information. Please visit the HR policy on personal data changes for staff and faculty for more information on what information you should change in HR. Changes to common information in the HR system, such as legal first name, preferred first name, legal last name, and preferred last name, will automatically be reflected in your central login account (within a day of HR making the changes in their system).

Forfeiting a Central Login Account (Deletion)

Your Central Login Account will be deleted shortly after your employment with the U of G has concluded. You will receive a notice to your Gryph Mail email account prior to your account being deleted. Please see the understanding your Central Login ID page for more information on forfeiting your Central Login ID.

If you are a retiring U of G faculty or staff member, you may keep your Central Login Account at no charge. When arranging your retirement with HR please indicate to them that you wish to retain your Central Login Account.

In specialized cases, faculty/departments may wish to extend an account due to research commitments or other University agreements. For academic appointments, please visit the Faculty and Academic Staff Relations (FASR) page on Nil-Salary Academic Appointments for more information. By having your department submit a nil-salary academic appointment to Human Resources, you will be able to continue using your Central Login Account automatically. For non-academic appointments or affiliations, please have a valid sponsor from your department submit a Central Login Account request form (requires authentication) to the CCS Help Centre on your behalf. 

If you receive an account deletion notice or your account has been deleted and you believe that you should get to keep your account, please contact the CCS Help Centre at IThelp@uoguelph.ca or 519-824-4120 Ext 58888. 

If you have important emails, files or other information you wish to preserve, please backup your data before the targeted deletion date. For information on how to backup your Office 365 account data, please see https://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs/backup-your-office-365-data.If you have signed up for third-party services using your U of G email address or used it as your recovery email for a third-party service, please change your contact information with the third-party service before the targeted deletion date.  Should you require assistance, please contact the CCS Help Centre at IThelp@uoguelph.ca or 519-824-4120 Ext 58888. 

If you would like to request an extension to your account deletion date, or if your account has already been deleted and you require access to your account data, please contact the CCS Help Centre at IThelp@uoguelph.ca or 519-824-4120 Ext 58888. Please note that these requests are evaluated on an individual basis. Account data is available up to 30 days after the deletion date.